Wednesday, February 6, 2013

We have hit that stage....

You know the one that your little girl is all grown up?   Yeah that one.  She is 12....my baby....she has a "boyfriend" I asked her what that means to her...she said, someone you like, someone who is smart and funny and who she likes to hang out with and talk to.   Ohh and he plays hockey, apparently to her that is a bonus LOL.   I am still trying to wrap my head around this one though, when did my daughter get old enough to really like boys?   This.is.not.cool.  Not that I am discouraging her, I do not want that, I want her to be open and honest with me about things and feel comfortable talking to me about boys, and *gasp* other things like KISSING BOYS....she has not yet done that, thank goodness.....and yes I believe her when she said she hasn't, kinda hints at her not lying when the first thing that comes out of her mouth is "eww that is gross, kissing a boy" haha at least I still have that for a little while longer!  I am not sure how long that one will last though...our next talk will be about sex,  UGH!  We have talked about it a little bit....but I think its about time to dive right on in....le sigh.....I am too young for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment